Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #145

    This is interesting Charley. You got me thinking; what if algae were not the ones
controlling the shrimp population? What if, by making a larger environment and add
fewer consumers, the consumer population checks the algae population instead. I know,
I know; you're about to say, the population of shrimps and algae would soon reach an
equilibrium point anyway. Yeah, that's what I figured too, but still, reaching
equilibrium from an increase in the consumer population would be more stable. Would it
not?    I also go to thinking; then how does the earth balance so well? I figured that
there are extremely large numbers of producers supporting us. From countless numbers
of photosynthetic plankton to miles of forests. And all that to support just a few
weak humans who can't seem to do it right.