Re: It's not a legend

Steve:

I would estimate that 90% or more of the plants are grown emerse!  I have
visited Tropica in Denmark, Florida Aquatic Nurseries and various places in
Singapore -- and most of their plants are grown emerse in high humidity.  I
have even seen and gotten Ambulia that has been grown emerse.  In fact,
many plants are discovered on and around streams, lakes, ponds, etc. that
are already growing emerse.  It's not a legend and the plants adapt to the
submerged state in short time -- perhaps, by Nature, rainy season and dry
season.  In fact, many take on a different leaf form after being submerged.
 Not a legend, but an advancement for the hobby -- disease free, snail
free, etc.

Merrill
Aquatic Gardeners Association