RE: lumen ratings, watts/gallon

> Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 09:19:16 -0800
> From: Hoa Nguyen <nguyenh at nosc_mil>
>
> But... Amano claims that green light is most beneficial to aquatic
plants,

> and he uses only tubes with strong output in the green band!  And who
> wouldn't envy his results.  So maybe the PAR formula should be
redesigned.

It seems to me that plants look green because they are reflecting green
light rather than absorbing it, and that if green light is what they need,
then they are the exact wrong colour to get it. (Not likely)

Am I over-simplifying?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir