Larger Jug For DIY CO2 - Better Results

I had a problem a couple of months ago with the solution from my DIY CO2
being sucked into my tank. Someone suggested I use a more rigid
bottle like the ones juice come in.

I got a 3.5 litre jug and filled it with 4 cups sugar, 2 teaspoons
yeast and 2 teaspoons baking soda. I just replaced the solution last night
after 7 weeks of good (few bubbles/second) CO2 production.

DIY CO2 just become easier.

The only drawback is I don't have room at the back of my tank to hang
the bottle so it is sitting on top of my Aquaclear 500.

Perhaps the vibration or heat (or something) is helping the long
production life.

Steve