Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #129

> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 10:50:02 -0500
> From: Louis Lin <lhclin at aw_sgi.com>
> Subject: Opinions on the Aqualine Buschke Regulator Gauge
>
> I am thinking about upgrading my yeast CO2 bottle to a manual CO2
> cylinder setup.
> The Aqualine Buschke Regular Gauge seems to offer what I want: a
> reasonablely
> priced regulator/controlling value without the solenoid.
>
> Does anyone have any experience with this unit?
>
> Thanks.

i've just purchased this regulator a few days ago. instructions and
operation is rather straightforward and simple. the only problems i'm
experiencing is that the working pressure guage of the regulator(not the
bottle pressure guage) is always fluctuating, and the knob for the fine
control valve is too sensitive(too loose). i'm not sure if this pressure
fluctuation is caused directly by the bottle's change of pressure when the
room gets cooler or warmer, or if gas is just not flowing freely from the
bottle. i have not detected any sign of gas leakage, and confirmed that
bottle's knob is released fully. as for the fine control knob, i have to
take the screw in place in case it moves by wind or vibrations.

still very perplexed about the pressure fluctuation in the regulator. any
suggestions from someone more experienced is very welcomed.

all the best.
johnny
nvision at pacbell_net
san jose state university