Re: Eclipse 3 Hood

Dana wrote:

> I have 2 bulbs, that I believe are 17 watts each, on a 37 gal. tank.
> They came with the hood, so I'm not really sure. The hood is a
> Marineland Eclipse3, markings on the bulbs read F17W/T8.
> Somehow I have the definite feeling that the light is too low.

Instead of changing the hood, you can try to find a smaller tank that
fits the hood.  This may or may not be practical depending on the
size of the hood and whether you want to move to a smaller setup.

There is not much you can do to modify a Eclipse hood since everything
in it is so well integrated together.

Louis Lin