Re: green water

Steve Dixon wrote:
>Darkening the tank with a dark blanket for 4 days knocked the green
>water out completely -- the water was sparkling clear -- and it has
>remained so for about 4 months now.  If you think your problem is a
>green algae bloom, give it a try.  It has worked for several of us.

Thanks for the response. I had actually read about that method in one
of the previous articles of this list. My only concern is that
it might harm the plants in the tank at the moment. Any
comments or personal observations on that? I'm especially worried
about the fast growers like the Hygro. polysperma.

Are there any methods to determine if my problem is indeed
an algae bloom?

If there are no bad side effects for the plants, I think I will
try it this weekend. I still haven't been able to clear it.

Cheers.

--Noel
llopis at zonker_ecs.umass.edu