Re: Simazine and plants - answer

You wrote:

Duckweed (Lemna sp.)  is a major pest in several of my tanks. I would like
know if simazine could be used to kill the duckweed without harming
hornwort,
anacharis, Java fern, and Valisneria ?
I would like confirmation from multiple sources on way or the other.
The only other duckweed remedy I can think of is adding goldfish or large
barbs to eat it; and this is just simply not an option.
Any further information would be appreciated.

DO NOT under any circumstance use Simazine with aquatic plants unless you
want to eliminate all of them.   Just skim off the surface and duckweed
with a net several times a week.  It's not that difficult!

Merrill