co2 regulators

I was wondering if the most common regulator was a one stage or a two
stage?
A one stage is cheaper (<$100) and a two stage is more expensive but
you get a constant pressure out.  Is the one stage good enough?
I would be using this in a manual setup.

A saftey note.  In our lab environment we always chain any gas cylinder to
the
wall so it doesn't fall over.  Falling over can break off the regulator
assembly
and turn your gas bottle into a bottle rocket with enough force to
punch through walls (and anything else).

Harold G. Walters
hgwalters at halnet_com