KH and CO2

This weekend I played with CO2 injection.  After injecting CO2 for a day,
KH was 4 and PH was 7.2 which calculates to
7 ppm CO2.  Then I added a bunch of baking soda which increased my KH to
10.  My PH was still 7.2 which calculates to
18 ppm CO2.  Understanding that a KH of 10 may not be healthy to fish and
plants, does this mean the concentration of CO2 in the water instantly
increased just by hardening the water?  What is happening here?  Also, what
is a safe KH range for plants and fish?

There is one and only one way to heaven:  "For God gave his only begotten
Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish, but have everlasting
life"  John 3:16