Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #114

>From: "Roger S. Miller" <rgrmill at rt66_com>
>Subject: Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #113
>
>Incidentally, was anybody going to respond to my questions about barclaya
>longifolia?

I wasn't but I could if no one else does.

<fingers drumming impatiently on the desk>

OK, I guess no one else is going to.

Our B.l. did about the same as yours is doing.  Many flower stems, most not
opening very much.  However, after awhile some of the flower pods did open with
the outer petals laying flat on the water surface. The inner petals weren't that
exciting but some did turn to seed and new B.l. sproutlets appeared here and
there without any help from us.

This happended with twp separate plants, under both MH and FL light.  One tnak
was 24" deep (MH) and the other was 20" deep (FL).  One tank had laterite and
substrate heat ("warm feet") and the other had just laterite.

Both plants eventually went dormant then came back again but less robustly than
before (puny short leaves).  We don't have them anymore.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm