Re:Barclaya

Roger S. Miller wrote, Sat, Feb. 28:

>....Incidentally, was anybody going to respond to my questions about barclaya
>longifolia?

I had hoped someone else who has had experience with Barclaya would have
answered it.  I have read in several books that Barclaya flowers
self-fertilize even if they don't reach the surface.  The seeds, the books
say, should never be stored dry and the young plants should be allowed to
float for a while before they are planted.

Every time I have got a Barclaya tuber I never got anything from it.  not a
leaf or a root.

Paul Krombholz, in central Mississippi where it is clear and cool.