Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #111

>The Parker metering valve was rated for 5000 PSI, so I skipped the
>regulator altogether, and connected my needle valve directly and use some
>of the
>sealant to completely eliminate leaks, it seems to work just fine.
With out a regulator if you flow rate out of you needle valve exceeds the
flow rate into your tank (CO2) you will build up pressure until one of
two things happens, the flow rate into the tank increases or the tubing
pops off one of your connections.  Regulators are a good investment, but
depending on your set up not necessary.  Don't install a solenoid auto
system down stream of the needle valve with out a regulator.

Tim