Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #109

<<
    I have a 125 with co2 bottled system and controller that I just
 transferred from a 55 . I am wondering if you feel 6 - 40w tubes is
 adequate or should I go to 8 - 40 w tubes ? I am thinking I will use
 gutters but what will the consequences be of the overlap in the middle ? I
 do realize that I should move up to M.H. but am intentionally avoiding it
 to keep corals out of this beautiful tank . Also would it be better to
 change to 36 inch bulbs ?

Eight would be better than six; no prob. with overlap (esp. with normal output
fluorescents). Four foot 40 watters are better than 36-30's in a few ways.
Bob Fenner