bog plants

I'd like to set up a hanging planter in a sunny window of marsh plants,
like those pictured in the back of the Dennerle book, such as
Hemigraphis colorata and Ophiopogon japonicum.  They are nice looking
plants and LFS seem to have marsh plants in abundance, albeit submerged
<g>.  Do you think this is possible by just using a container without
drainage?  What type of soil or substrate would work best?  Being that
there would be no drainage, are there problems with trying to grow marsh
plants in a small stagnant container in a sunny window?  If you have any
experience growing these plants, in this manner or any other,  I'd be
grateful to hear.

Thanks
Ed Hengel