Loach Problem

>Date: Sat, 21 Feb 1998 01:27:26 -0500
>From: "Shawna Bailey" <elven at tir_com>
>Subject: Re: Clown Loach Eating Plants?
>
>>Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 16:04:27 EST
>>From: MidMOPub at aol_com
>>Subject: Clown Loach Eating Plants?
>>
>>The gang of 3 three
>>clown loaches were attacking a helpless sword leaf! It amazed me to hear
>this
>>load clicking noise and see a new hole appear where they just attacked. I
>>looked on many online info source before I bought these rather expensive
>gems
>>(clown loaches, $12 each) and nothing indicated to me that they attacked
>>plants.
>>
>>   My question is has anybody else experienced this same phenomenon? (Did I
>>just miss that paragraph that describes their vegetarian diet?)
>

>I've been a lurker on this list for a few months and thought I'd surface for
>a moment and reply :)  I also had a recent problem with my clown loach
>eating plants. After 2 weeks of slowly losing leaves off my jungle vals, I
>caught the cute lil bugger 'eating' them. Never got around to posting an ask
>to see if anyone had had the problem. Instead, I moved him to a larger
>(55g)tank with fewer plants and added a couple of buddies to maybe keep him
>occupied. So far no noticeable damage to a couple Amazon swords and misc.
>cryptocorynes.
>
>P.S. For $12 I hope they weren't real teeny!

It is widely known that loaches will wreak havoc on plants.  Especially the
softer kinds.  WOw, did you get ripped off on the price.  How big are they?
 For $12 they should be about a foot long, just kidding.  But hey, thats
what this hobby is all about, I think all of us have done the same thing
many times.  I know I have.  haha.

Gary