informative site

I just read through a great web site that includes a lot of information
on plant nutrient requirements:

http://bob.soils.wisc.edu/~barak/soilscience326

These are notes for a class taught at the University of Wisconsin-Madison
my Dr. Philip Barak.  There are some very interesting links from the
class home page, including one to an article titled

	"Essential Elements of Plant Growth"

by Philip Barak that defines and discusses the elements necessary for
plant growth and includes photographs and drawings of plants (uh, well
corn, anyway) showing symptoms of a lot of nutrient deficiencies.

I was very interested to learn that plants (some anyway) will excrete
chemicals including chelating agents to enhance the availability of
iron.

It was all even pretty easy to read!

Roger Miller