surface scum

I suspect that surface scum is also related to other factors like
lighting levels. I've also seen it from peat alone in a very low light
tank with no water movement at all. Recently it has appeared in a 6
month aquarium with low fertility correlated to a big increase in light
intensity. Oh, there's also an increase in fertility due to a lot of
Crypts melting too so that is that other possible factor in its
appearance. I have on several occasions got rid of the scum by
increasing water movement by one means or another. An airstone or a hang
on type trickle box filter do the trick.

Steve
Aquatic Gardeners Association