Re: Surface scum

Dave,

> hmmmmm.... it's been my (limited) experience that surface scum is
> directly related with surface agitation. if you're running a wet/dry
> filter with an overflow collector you won't have any surface buildup.

Sorry I have to disagree. I have a fish room full of tanks with no surface
agitation. No filters no air no yeast. Actually just glass tanks under shop lights.
It's a matter of getting the right balance of what's in there. Though I agree that
surface agitation will clear it up. I just wanted to mention it is perfectly
possible to not have surface scum and still not have agitation.

Rhonda

--
Rhonda Wilson
Home http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/RhondaWilson/