Did I goof???

I think I have made a big mistake and need some advice quickly. I just set
up my 60 gallon for plants. Clay with sand over that. In my hurry to get it
set up I didn't think to wash the sand. This is #3 sand blasting sand. Now I
am getting a fine film on the heater, the two plants and on the glass that
is very course to the touch. Obviously from the sand. As soon as I saw this
I knew I had messed up. The tank is very clear now. But ever time I do
anything it gets stirred up again.

I think I need to pull this mess out and start over. I don't have but two
plants and no fish in there yet. However a tank full of plants on order and
due any day. Need some advice pretty quickly. Should I tear in down and
start over or is there something else I might do?

Jeff <*\\><   (Just call me Sandy)