Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #84

Jefferson Ong wrote:

> I was reading the post & someone mentioned that CO2  can  have an effect on
> moderately hard water.   How do they affect the water???  I thought they
> just gave bubbles.   Do they alter PH or hardness???

Adding CO2 decreases the pH.  The size of the effect depends on the
alkalinity of the water.  There's lots of detailed information at the
Krib.

Roger Miller

Who has so many "dead end" signs in his neighborhood that he's starting to
wonder whether they might be social commentary, rather than just traffic
control.