Re: loaches (from Dennis H.)

I also have several clown loaches (and skunk loaches) , and have found that
mine only seem to eat snails if I skip feeding them for a day or two. My
theory is that they prefer prepared food to the work of getting the snail out
of the shell. If I feed them twice a day ( as usual )  the snail population
seems to rise exponentially.

I have also noticed holes in several types of plants in tanks with loaches.
They seem to damage every broad-leafed plant but Java fern. Also, goldfish eat
nearly any plant, but don't even nibble on Java fern either. Could it be that
Java fern is poisonous or bad-tasting ?