Sag melted to the nubbins -- how to revive?

Hi All,

Yesterday I received an order of plants from
Carolina Bio, mostly Vallisneria and Sagittaria.
The val looks great and is in quarantine.  The
sag all melted -- leaves reduced to mush, but
the roots are firm and healthy and are taking
up water in the quarantine tank (at least I
assume so since they remain turgid).

To get them re-established, I thought I'd pot
the root clumps individually and just leave them
in quarantine with appropriate fertilizers and
light.  Does this sound like the right way to
go about it?  If not, what should I do?

TIA,

Pat JJ (jellison at ceps_nasm.edu)