Re: Most reliable test kits for a planted tank?

>Date: Mon, 9 Feb 1998 18:18:10 -0500
>From: Walker Traylor <traylor at gloryroad_net>
>Subject: Most reliable test kits for a planted tank?

>I a rather new, although I have done much reading.  Anyway, I am planing
on >setting up a 10 gallon planted tank with Angelfish.  I plan on using
yeast >injection, laterite, fertilizer tablets, and 2 light tubes (3
watts/gallon?)  >The LFS sold me some "peat plates" so the plants could
root.  I plan to use >these and some driftwood to make the water soft.  I
think that Angelfish prefer >softish, slightly acidic water.  What would be
the best test kit for hardness >and pH in this case?  I am considering the
deluxe assortment kit for Aquarium >Pharmaceuticals but would like to get
your thoughts first.

>Thank you,
>Walker Traylor
>traylor at gloryroad_net
>http://www.gloryroad.net/~traylor/

I wouldn't use the peat plates.  They make a mess when you have to pull the
plants up for any reason later.  As for the test kits, I have used the
Aquarium Pharmaceuticals tests before and they worked fine for me, although
I wouldn't say that they are the best.

Hoa

                     Hoa G. Nguyen
NRaD Code D371             Email: nguyenh at spawar_navy.mil
San Diego, CA 92152-7383   http://www.spawar.navy.mil/robots/
  Aquarium: http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Hills/2637/