DIY CO2

William Jacobsen wrote:

I am now working on getting my CO2 generator going.  One of the recent
posts talked about a recipe of 2cups sugar, 1tsp baking soda and fill to =
2/3 full with water.  This is what I have done.  My yeast goes great =
guns for a few hours, then crashes with no activity.  I've done this =
twice with the same result.

William:

I have used that recipe for about six months now and it lasts three to six
weeks with no problems. What kind of yeast are using?  Make sure it is fresh
yeast and the water you use in the bottle is lukewarm.  Use only about ½
teaspoon of yeast.

My room temperature is about 74, so 70 degrees shouldn't make that much
difference. If anything, it should prolong the life of the yeast.  You might
experiment with more or less baking soda.  My tap water has a pH of about
7.5.  If yours is a lot higher, you might even leave it out of the mix.

Regards,

Ken Guin
Kenguin at homemail_com