Java Moss

>    I've read that you can get it to attach to drift wood by laying
>the Java Moss against the wood and putting rubber bands around
>it.  It is supposed to grow "feet" into the wood about 1/4" (?) in a
>couple of months.  Then clip the rubber bands and viola!  Java is
>beautiful.  I'm testing the theory right now...

Another method that works very well, and looks good very quickly is to
staple the Java Moss to the driftwood with a staple gun.  The staples rust
in a couple of days, and are no longer visible.  We did this with great
success attaching HUGE quantities of Fontinalis to driftwood for the
"ponds" exhibit at the New England Aquarium.
Karen Randall
Aquatic Gardeners Association