Re: Snails hatching from plants

Adam Swinemar wrote, Thursday, Feb 5:

............As an aside, are snails that bad??

I don't think so.  I encourage pond snails and ramshorns, because they
graze on various types of algae that would otherwise coat the glass and
plants.  Only very rarely do the ramshorns damage any plants, and, even
then, the damage is only a few holes.  The pond snails never damage plants.
Never had them myself, but I hear nice things about Malaysian trumpet
snails, but you should shun the frumious Columbian ramshorn, a large,
voracious, plant-eating, 1 to 1.5 inch diameter snail that has stripes on
its shell.

Paul Krombholz, in soggy central Mississippi.