Source Co2 cylnders/snails

A small supplier in vancouver     will sell for $55 acertified,full tank of Co2.15lbs.refill is $20.   Anyone interested,just send me a  note.                              Q.Will the empty shells in my Co2 injected tank increase the hardness,looks like clownie is doing his job ,also iread somwhere that putting an empty film cannister with holes pierced in the cap and a small amount of food inside,will trap snails.      has anyone tried this?            If it doesnt work Ill need another dozen clown loaches!