Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #68

In a message dated 02/05/1998 4:09:39 AM, Aquatic-Plants-Owner at actwin_com
wrote:

<<>You say "natural clay (kitty litter)". How do you know that the kitty
>litter is "natural clay"? Are you sure you know what is in it? I am
>disappointed to hear of so many going the "kitty litter" route.>>

I talked to a research chemist at Oil Dry the "makers" of Cats Pride.  They
mine there clays and the basic cheapest grade that they have, not the
scoopable or the premium or another "extra" is nothing but clay.
Hartz pH 5 is the same way although not the "same clay".
I have more technical info if anyone wants it.

Tim