iron and nitrate test

Hello all,

First, I would like to thank everybody for this list and advices I found here,
which allowed me to get a nice 55 gallon planted tank.
I have a 55 gallon tank since about 6 month, and all is going quite good for
now, the plants are growing great, but some show some nutrient deficiency
(yelowish color), so I decided to jump the step and use PMDD, in addition to
my soil substrate.
As I found in "the Krib", I would like to adjust my KNO3 concentration in the
mix, in relation with the nitrate concentration in my tank.
So, could someone give me some advices concerning a good and reliable nitrate
test I could use (and if possible not too expensive.....).

Second, in order to dose the PMDD in the tank, I'll need a reliable Iron test,
since it looks like the consensus is to dose PMDD untl reaching approximately
0.1 ppm iron in the tank. I have a red sea iron test, but the reading scale
starts at 0.5 ppm (and with a change in color not really easy to detect...),
so could anyone give m some advices to find a good and reliable iron test....

Thanks by advance, and excuse me for my english, I'm french.....

Benoit EUDELINE
Whiskey Creek Shellfish Hatchery
TILLAMOOK, OREGON