Boron & shrimp

> What is the range of concentrations that would be acceptable for boron
> in aquarium water? What are the consequences of boron toxicity in plants

I aim for about 0.4 mg/liter boron acid when I add micronutrients after
changing water (i.e., 0.4 mg boric acid per liter not just boron). I
think you'd need to go quite a bit above that for toxicity. I based my
micronutrient formula on plant cell culture media and most formulations
range between 3 and 6 mg/liter for boric acid.

The gentleman with gravid shrimp should place the shrimp in a separate
container. Try to prevent temperature shock. An easy way to avoid the
problem is to float a shoe-box size plastic container in the tank for
holding the shrimp while you set something up more permanent. The
container does not need substrate but a piece of plastic plant or
something similar will provide something for the shrimp to hold onto.
You can roughly gauge the stage of development by the color of the eggs.
They should start out ranging in color from olive green to orange. They
get darker with development and should be brown to black prior to
hatching. The larvae will be planktonic and can be fed newly hatched
brine shrimp. Note that I don't know which species of shrimp you have in
Singapore and am speaking based on experience with palaeomonids in the
U.S. Good luck and best wishes.

--
Shiao Y. Wang
University of Southern Mississippi