Bloodmeal and deficiency chart

Greetings unto all,
  I was strolling throught the fertilizer section of a local garden shop
when I came across some blood meal.  It claimed that it would only add
nitrogen and only 1% as solouble material.  Has any one tried this?  I
only found one reference in the archives and that was also in question
of it's use.
  Secondly I recently saw mention of a symptom/cause deficiency list in
an APD post.  I am sure that it must in the archives somewhere but I
seem not to be able to come up with the "magic words".  If someone would
be kind enough to point me in the right direction or repost (I'm sure
there are others that have not seen it), it would be apriciated.

TIA
Bjorn