Farlowella?

The LFS has some new arrivals of what I think is a Farlowella.  I never
seen one before so I'm not so sure.  It's light gray with a very slim body
about 2 inches long including the tail.  It has a single black horizontal
stripe from head to tail with a kind of flat triangular head and a
suckermouth.  High dorsal fin and long pectoral fins and a tail similar to
the lyretail molly.

If it's a Farlowella, what is the ideal ph, gh and temperature for it?
Will this fish eat some type of algae that SAEs, otos, shrimps and
hillstream loaches won't eat?  I'm asking because the LFS is selling it at
around $12. (Ouch!)  Thanks for any info.

Jonathan Uy
Philippines