Re: Biowheels

I believe that like many of the filtering devices in the aquarium business
(espically saltwater) the biowheel is the scaled down version of what is
used in wastewater treatment plants.  Thus it would stand to reason that,
as another person pointed out, they are excellent at biological
filtration, something we are not that worried about in planted tanks.  If
this technique works well in the wastewater treatment business it probably
stands to reason that it should work in our minature "wastewater
treatment" tanks as well.

	     e  Mike Nielsen                           a
	     y  Department of Geography                r
	     o  Harvill Bldg Box #2                    e
	     u  Tucson, AZ 85721                       y
	     ?  mnielsen at u_arizona.edu