Re: Dupla tablets

>Date: Wed, 14 Jan 1998 05:01:15 +0000 (GMT)
>From: Gerry Skau <gerry at ans_net>
>
>I have a question. I bought the Dupla Duplant tablets and I have read the
>directions about 8 times and wtill can't figure out what the dosage should
>be. :-( What should I be using in a 29 gallon tank and how often?

There are two sizes of tablets: "20 liter" and "50 liter".  To determine this,
look at the container -- if it says "100 tablets for 5000 liters", for example,
you have the larger size.

The first time you use them, add enough tablets for the amount of water you
have.  Note that this is NOT "29 gallons".  Measure the inside dimensions of
your tank in inches (height from the bottom to the water surface), multiply
together to get cubic inches and divide by 231 cu. in. per gallon. Then subtract
about a gallon for the displacement of the gravel.

When you change water (every two weeks is recommended), add enough tablets for
just the amount of water changed.  Hint: change water in increments that match
the tablets you have.  For example, if you have "20 liter" tablets, change 20
liters or 40 liters or whatever increment you think is needed for your
situation.

Also note that the tablets aren't "complete".  They are designed to be used with
the Duplaplant-24 drops.  The drops supply most of the iron and certain trace
elements that can only be added in small quantities.

George Booth in Ft. Collins, Colorado (booth at frii_com)
Need Info?  http://www.frii.com/~booth/AquaticConcepts.htm