Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V3 #16

Steve Turner wrote:-

> I have a DIY CO2 setup which I have running for about a year. Twice
> in the past week I have encountered a strange problem. For some
> reason the liquid (yeast/water/alcohol) is being sucked out of the
> 2l pop bottle into the tank and the pop bottle has collapsed somewhat.

You have filled your pop bottle nearly to the top?
This had happened to me before. MY guess is that the yeast had stopped
fermenting and the CO2 remaining in the bottle dissolved into the tank
water resulting in a large  drop in pressure in the bottle.

I think its time to disinfect or change the bottle.

Cheers.

Richard KHOO Guan Chen
e-mail: khoogc at singnet_com.sg
snail-mail: 38-A, Lorong 23, Geylang, Singapore 388372