'Ozelot' Swordplant

Hi Brad,

Eventhough I do not have this plant I remember seeing it at the Tropica
website (www.tropica.dk).  Here is the write up that they give:

Height: 20-40 cm (8-16 inches)
Width: 25-40 cm (10-16 inches)
Light Requirements: High-average
Tempurature: 20-26 C (68-79 F)
Hardness Tolerence: Soft-averge
pH Tolerence: acid-neutral
Easiness: easy

Echinodorus 'Ozelot' is a hybrid between Echinodorus schlueteri 'Leopard'
and Echinodorus barthii created by Barth in Dessau in the former East
Germany.  It is beautiful with elliptical black spotted red-brownish leaves
and a very short petiole.  The black spots has, of course, inspired the
name 'Ozelot'.  In contrast to may other spots and flecked plants
Echinodorus 'Ozelot' retains its spots regardless of light intensity  and
other enviromental factors.  Older leaves, however, tends to have dark-red
spots rather then deep black as in the younger leaves.  Echinodorus
'Ozelot' is a sturdy plant and accepts most enviromental conditions.  If
the conditions are sub optimal the plant just grows more  slowly and a bit
smaller.

I hope this helps.  Take care.

Sincerely,
Victor Eng