didactic postings of mine

One or two have criticized my postings as pedantic. I have done much
self examination to see if this is true. I suspect that many of you find
my posts too technical for your interest. Some of you may find the
information old and it may seem uninteresting. Some few of you may feel
offended; I cannot guess at all the reasons. Some others of you may feel
the need to defend the truth or perhaps to provide some sharp but useful
criticism.

More people have written to me all the time that I have been posting to
the APD to thank me for my postings, than ever to criticize. It takes a
lot of time and effort to write the posts and I have lately considered
not spending that effort anymore.

Steve

"I find the pain of a little censure, even when it is unfounded, is more
acute than the pleasure of much praise." - Thomas Jefferson

"Praise those of your critics for whom nothing is up to standard." - Dag
Hammarskjold

"At home I am a nice guy: but I don't want the world to know. Humble
people, I've found, don't get very far." - Muhammad Ali