algae eating fish

I thought I would share this because I found it interesting.  I have a
little outbreak of what I believe is a type of brush algae.  It is a dark
grayish-green and grows in tufts along leaf edges.  The strands are fairly
thick and sometimes branch, and its presence is due to elevated iron
levels. The interesting part is that my American-Flag fish (Jordenella
Floridae) eats it.  I wonder if anyone else has observed this behavior.

Adeana Bishop

Urbana, Illinois