Re: Snail Control

     >I am looking for a small fish that will help control my snail
     >population.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  I am looking for
     >something that stays less than 3" as this is for a small 20g tank.

     I have a Botia striata (I think the common name is striped loach) in
     my 90 gallon.  I got him over a year ago to control the Malaysian
     trumpet snail population.  He does a great job, and is only about 2.5
     inches long.  A very peaceful, personable fish, and fairly handsome,
     as loaches go.  He is brown with about 15-20 vertical orange stripes.
     I found an image at:
     http://www.voicenet.com/~dietsch/fishpics/striata1.jpg

     Kind regards,

     Mark