Re: Dueling substrates

While we stand around kicking that dead horse we've wagered to win... I
have a question asked but never answered stemming from a earlier (pre
'Steve method') Stephen Pushak APD post.

How can I measure the CEC values achieved in my substrate? will an ORP
probe do this?

This discussion has also reminded me of some George Booth comments
regarding a need to annually remove built up detritus in a UGF tank. I have
wondered what are the particular symptoms of a tank that is 'crapping out'?
how does one know when its time to give up and return to step one?

Jeff Kropp