Re: Marsilea

Roger Miller asked about Marsilea

In Australia we have about 5 species of varying diameter and height. They
seem to prefer a marginal position in the wild and in deeper water develop
floating leaves. When I planted mine in an aquarium they became much
shorter and tended to develop a variable leaf form ( i.e. not always the
typical 4-leaf clover appearance) and had a tendency to send runners in all
directions. I think they would tend to quickly leave the driftwood even if
they strted there OK

You can trim them without harm. If you wish to get them back to 15 cm you
may need to put them in a pot in your garden pond.

Regards,
Bruce.
bhansen at ozemail_com.au