Re: Mercury Vapour Lamp?

>I have seen a lot of articles on fluorescent and metal halide lamps.
>Does anyone have any info on mercury vapour (MV) lamp or can provide me
>a URL
>where I can read about it?
>What's the difference between a typical MV bulb compared to the deluxe
>or
>super deluxe?

First of all, the better MV lamps I've ever seen are those by OSRAM. The osram bulbs are used by Dupla, which is a great reference :-)

The difference between the different references among the MV bulbs are :

- The HQL Super DE LUXE gives 3400 lumen for 80 watts and 5700 lumen for 125 watts. Both have a color temperature of 3000°K which is quite yellow. They have an RA of 60 (the sun = 100)

- The HQL DE Luxe gives 4000 lumen for 80 watts and 6500 lumen for 125 watts. Both have a color temperature of 3200K which is a little less yellow than the SUPER DE LUXE. RA = 57

- The HQL Standard gives 3800 lumen for 80 watts and 6300 lumen for 125 watts. Both have a color temperature of respectively 4100°K and 4000°K which is a not really yellow. RA = 50

The greatest is the temperature of colors, the color is more white (better).
The greatest is the RA, the colors are better seen.

I suggest you to use the HQL Standard by OSRAM.

>Thanks and Happy New Year..:-)

Happy new year to you and for everybody of the Aquatic Plant Digest

JP

Jean-Paul Chicheret
2, route de Dijon 21600 LONGVIC - FRANCE
Tel : 33 3 80 67 14 99 - Fax : 33 3 80 31 87 82 - N° ICQ : 3512301
Buy Mac Os 8 !!!   http://www.macos.apple.com/macos8/