bleaching a re-start up

I've broken everything down in my tank due to a bad algae problem.
However, it's hard to clean all the crevices on my filters, not to mention
getting inside all the hoses.  My gravel has been rinsed (with plain water)
and is back in my tank.  I'm thinking of filling my tank with water and
bleach, afterwhich I would run the filters and swish the gravel around.
Then I would drain and refill a few times with plain water for the rinsing
process.  Is this acceptable or will it cause problems, especially when the
nitrifying bacteria try to colonize?