Re: Karen's System? & Conditions in Vancouver BC

Hi,

I'm new to the list (also new to planted tanks) and I noticed that you are
from B.C. :) Do you live in the Vancouver area?  I was wondering what your
take on our local water is (what are we lacking)?  Also I was wondering (if
you live around Vancouver) if you know of any shops that carry the
materials for PMDD?  Thanks.  Take care & Happy Holidays.

Sincerely
Victor Eng
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
engfam at axionet_com

At 03:48 PM 12/11/97 -0500, you wrote:

>Date: Thu, 11 Dec 1997 00:28:53 -0800
>From: Stephen Pushak <teban at powersonic_bc.ca>
>Subject: re: Karen`s System ?

[SNIP]

>Another suggestion for a cookbook recipe for plants is to start with as
>much information from the local water utility as you can get. This will
>tell you if calcium, potassium, magnesium are going to be lacking. Few
>places have tap water low in these minerals but it can be frustrating if
>you don't know it. All of the above are macro nutrients. Sulfer is the
>"Other" macro nutrient we almost never mention because it's plentiful in
>fish food and commonly as an ion (sulfate) in tap water.

[SNIP]