Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1130

> I have also gotten these same shrimp at 8 for $1 and while they do eat my
> algae very well, they always die after a few weeks in my tanks, no matter
> which tank they are in.  No one picks on them and they really clean up on
> the algae.  I was wondering if very low KH and GH might be causing
> problems with their exoskeleton formation?
>
> Any ideas?

I've kept ghost shrimp, bumble bee shrimp and grass shrimp, and had pretty
similar experiences with all of them.  Sometimes they'd live long enough
to molt once or twice.  I started dosing their tank with iodide, using the
SeaChem product for marine tanks.  Since then I've only kept grass shrimp,
but they've lived almost a year now.

Roger Miller