Re: Karen's Method

Thanks for letting us in on a great "conversation" regarding nutrients.  In it
Karen made the following statement:

<<I think that many would get discouraged and quit if they had to wait through
multiple blooms of various algae types. Not to sound too smug, but my method
produces algae free tanks with healthy plants even in the hands of most
novices.>>

I think many of us would appreciate an outline of Karen's "method," since it
sounds faily low maintainance and very reproducible.  I too keep a bunch of
tanks at in a school setting, as I understand Karen has done.  I'm also
waiting through the thread algae bloom of the century in at least one of them.

Karen, if it isn't too much trouble, would you post the basics of what you do?

Thanks.

Bill Cwirla
Hacienda Heights