RE: Info Request:MANGROVES

> Date: Tue, 9 Dec 1997 18:15:46 -0800
> From: mikeb at GlobalEyes_net
>
> Hello...Does anyone have experience with growing MANGROVES in
> aquariums???You can e-mail me direct  and/or to the list. Thanks Mike B.

I am interested in this as well.  A local supplier sometimes has small
mangrove plants available.  I am interested in growing these in an open
topped tank, but I wonder whether they will survive if initially submersed
(the plants are perhaps 12 inches tall - the tank is 30 inches tall) or if
I would need to elevate them somehow?

Frank.
-----
The very act of seeking sets something in motion to meet us;
something in the universe, or in the unconscious responds as if
to an invitation.  - Jean Shinoda Bolen

http://home.istar.ca/~fir