Re: lighting

IMHO, intensity is far more important than the light spectrum. With this
in mind I have always gone with the cheapest lights possible... basic
cool-white fluorescent bulbs. When working in the lab I have maintained 2
day doubling times with just these bulbs (though at a fairly high
intensity). If you are on a tight budget, there is no need for anything else.
OTOH, more expensive bulbs will deliver higher lumens per watt, perhaps a
more usable light spectrum, and may even last longer... so in the long run
which is cheaper?

dave.