Re: Aquatic Plants Digest V2 #1113

> I wonder If anybody have experience in using volcanic as a
> substrate.
>
> Amano uses for several tanks vulcanic sand.
> Volcanic soil is usually  very fertile.

I have used volcanic sand in my plant tank for nearly two years .The sand is from
a local lake here in central New Zealand and is a mixture of pumice and "scoria"
(can't spell) :-) .The plants seem to do well and the sand allows good water
movement I don't know how fertile it is but it works for me

Keith Anderson
Rotorua
New Zealand